Due to COVID-19, this Thanksgiving may be the first time some of us are reuniting with family in two years, so we should all make it extra special by showing gratitude to anyone and everyone. Don’t worry if you have trouble showing gratitude sometimes—this post will show you how to be grateful this Thanksgiving 2021.
What are the benefits of gratitude?
Showing your appreciation has a ton of upsides. Here are a few reasons to spread your gratitude:
- Improve physical and psychological health: Showing gratitude has benefits for the entire body. Studies suggest that it reduces aches and pains while increasing happiness.
- Enhance empathy and reduce aggression: According to researchers, those who show gratitude are more likely to behave in a pro-social manner. They experience more empathy and are less likely to seek revenge.
- Sleep better at night: When you know how to be grateful this Thanksgiving 2021, you’ll get a better night’s rest. After spending 15 minutes jotting down what you’re grateful for, you’ll fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
How to show your gratitude
Knowing the benefits of gratitude is important, but it’s not super helpful if you don’t know how to show it. These are a few easy things anyone can do:
- Write a letter to a friend: We all have friends who are going through a tough time. Instead of texting or calling, send them an actual letter. They’ll be delighted upon receiving it knowing how much time and effort you put into writing and sending it.
- Donate to your local food bank: Thanksgiving is a hard time of year for people experiencing hunger. Help them out by donating food or your time to a local food bank. Be sure to call beforehand to see what items they need.
- Give thanks for the small stuff: We tend to overlook the little things and focus on the big things we’re grateful for. Instead, think about small occurrences in your daily life—like sunsets or chirping birds—and be grateful for those.
- Show your love: Giving a hug or saying something as simple as “I love you” can both go a long way in displaying your gratitude and making someone’s day. Be sure to tell all of your family members you love them this holiday season.
- Don’t forget to laugh: There will be times when you’ll get stressed out with so many friends and family members around, but if a small accident happens or a casserole gets burned, just laugh it off. Laughing makes everyone feel better.
- Practice gratitude daily: Thanksgiving is a time of year when we’re reminded to be grateful for everything we have, but gratitude should be a daily practice! As mentioned earlier, we recommend writing down everything you’re grateful for before bed. This practice will become easier and easier, making you a more grateful person.
Show your gratitude with CBD
If you’re looking for a way to bring everyone together this year, start by giving everyone who’s interested a great-tasting CBD gummy from Serym Pro. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of gratitude and all of our CBD products.