Pumping iron at the gym, running, cycling or playing sports are just a few of the best ways to stay in shape. But if there’s one downside of working out, it’s that your muscles can really ache and take a while to recover. The good news is that we may be able to help!
From applying CBD roll-ons to eating right, this post will cover a variety of ways you can recover from that tough workout:
- Utilize CBD: Topical CBD products are believed to promote wellness and improve overall health, which can come in handy when you’re sore after a tough workout. Apply your CBD cream on sore spots and let that pain melt away.
- Stretch: You probably already know that you should be stretching before your workout, but do you also stretch after you’re finished? Stretching improves blood flow, which will ultimately allow your muscles to recover faster.
- Hydrate: Drinking plenty of water is essential in repairing muscle and allowing you to recover from your workout faster. You should also replace your electrolytes by drinking chocolate milk, a sports drink or even a fruit smoothie. Consider adding CBD tinctures to your beverage for a feeling of relaxation.
- Eat right: Ingesting carbs and protein also helps speed up your recovery time by replenishing the nutrients you lost during your workout. It’s also a good idea to eat before you begin your exercise.
- Rest and digest: After eating, hydrating and stretching, take it easy and relax for a bit. Kicking back on the couch or even taking a nap can help your muscles rebuild quicker. Also, be sure to get seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- Take a cool bath: Many workouts cause microdamage to your muscles, resulting in swelling and inflammation. While this problem is normal and nothing to worry about physically, it’s still painful. A cool bath paired with a beverage with a few drops of CBD tinctures can go a long way in reducing any associated pain.
- Keep moving: Everyone deserves a rest day once a week to help with muscle repair. But don’t be a couch potato on those days—stay active by walking around the block or going for an easy bike ride to improve blood circulation.
- Reduce stress: Your mental health plays a big role in recovering after a workout. Being under a ton of stress slows muscle recovery, and our bodies react by prioritizing reducing stress over helping our muscles. Reduce stress levels in any way you can to keep your muscles in tip-top shape.
Talk to Serym Pro about enhancing your workout recovery
We mentioned above how CBD roll-ons and other CBD products can help with your recovery. But don’t just buy your CBD products from anyone—check out the selection at Serym Pro. We offer a wide variety of high-quality and lab-tested products that are sure to help with your workout recovery and improve your general wellbeing.